2020 Package Bees - A Three Pound Package of Bees with a Queen
Pickup is scheduled for the evening of April 4, 2020. The apiary has not requested a weather window. Any weather delays related to your order will be passed along to you via email as soon as we receive them. They have assured us that it is very rare to reschedule, and in fact, have not had to reschedule for the past 7 years. This is the same apiary that the SC Apiary Inspector recommended to the WBA.
Packages will be available to order until February 29, 2020 or until the packages are sold out, whichever comes first.
PAYMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY February 29, 2020. Any payments received after February 29, 2020 will not be honored and will be returned. Package orders are limited to 10 packages per person.
Make sure to use your "home" email address when you place your order. Notices will be sent out the day the packages are due advising you of any changes in schedule and the pickup time.
All orders are first paid first served. Your package order will be reserved when your payment has been received. There are no refunds.
Once you have ordered your packages/queens and we have received your payment, you will receive a payment confirmation email and your package and/or queen order will be officially reserved. Additional information about your order will be sent out periodically via email. Your pickup slip will be sent via email one or two weeks before the pickup date. IMPORTANT: The pickup slip you receive will be required to collect your order.
When you order packages and queens from the Wateree Beekeepers Association you are agreeing to these terms:
1) You, in exchange for not having to join the Wateree Beekeepers Association, will not hold the WBA responsible for your purchase of Honey bees, and events occuring after the delivery of the honey bees.
2) If the weather is not conducive for mating queens the apiary reserves the right to delay the pickup. You will be notified if there are any weather related delays via your current email address on file.
3) Packages and queens are to be picked up on the day of delivery. If you cannot make the pickup time/date, then you are responsible for arranging for the pickup of your order.
4) If a third-party will pick up your order, they must have your pickup slip. Please make sure they have your pickup slip when they arrive to pick up your bees.
5) Packages and queens not claimed on the delivery date become the property of The Wateree Beekeepers Association. All funds associated with un-claimed bee packages and queens are forfeited to the association.
6) The Wateree Beekeepers Association purchases bees, and queens, for the benefit of its members as a group purchase. Wateree Beekeepers Association is offering a limited number of packages to the general public as a fund raiser for the Club education fund. WBA is not a retail distributor, does not operate an apiary, or commercial bee yard. Any inquiry regarding the bees you will receive should be made prior to your purchase. We announce in our membership meetings where we will be purchasing bees for the coming season. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to seek out satisfactory answers to their questions from these sources prior to purchase.
7) The purchase of bees has inherent risks. The purchaser assumes all risks and agrees to hold Wateree Beekeepers Association, its officers, directors, and members harmless for any physical or financial injury related to this purchase.
8) Once the purchaser takes possession of the bee package(s), nucleus hive(s)and/or queen(s) all responsibility of the Wateree Beekeepers Association ends and the purchaser assumes all responsibility.
9) There are no refunds. If purchaser wishes an assessment of any problem with the purchased item it is the purchaser's responsibility to return the item to a location designated by the Wateree Beekeepers Association and an assessment will be made. This assessment does not imply any further action on the part of Wateree Beekeepers Association.
10) Wateree Beekeepers Association reserves the option of refusing any order.
If you have any questions on anything, including the above conditions, or need any assistance with your order please fill out the contact form on this website or send an email to WBABeekeepers@gmail.com.
Sale to non-members 3# packages
By submitting an online payment for the Public sale of 3# packages, you are not being held responsible to the terms of the Hold Harmless Agreement that members are required to sign. You are acknowledging that this purchase does not include any implied or inherent agreements beyond the Wateree Beekeepers Association providing healthy bees to community members. Bees are an agricultural product.